Check our list of Best Location Tracking Apps and pick the one which attracts you most. Location tracking apps are developed for keeping an eye on people who are closed to the app users. There are now hundreds of working location tracking apps that are available on Android. We don’t know about the scam apps which claim to be a location tracker but they are just piece of crap and time-wasting stuff.
Before installing any app on Android, you must verify the app. Due to the open-mindedness of Android, it allows all kinds of apps and APKs to install freely. So, it is the responsibility of the user if he/she got freedom of OS then utilizes that carefully. Always install that app which has good ratings, good reviews, or the developing team behind the app must be strong.
Top 9 Best Location Tracking apps:
We are enlisting the best location tracking apps for Android of all times. We considered different factors before listing the apps. Our team set these criteria, good reviews, high ratings, most downloads, personal usage, app stability, and global availability. So, here are the best location apps on Android.
1. Google Maps – Best live tracking app
Do you think any other app can become the best location tracking app in the presence of Google Maps? This app is the priority of more than 2 billion Android users to track, follow or search location on smartphones and tablets. Google Maps is also available on iOS. This app is also a stock feature of many social apps and a lot of other cab services use this app for location tracking.
The global map service in over 220 countries. The developers had mapped territories and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map successfully. Users can get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, etc. This app helps to explore local neighborhoods by knowing where are restaurants, hospitals, nearby fuel stations, recreations places much more. no matter what part of the world you’re in, this app works even in Antarctica.
- Get there faster with real-time updates.
- Red Lines indicate traffic and Blue lines show a clear way. LinesBeat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions.
- Discover local restaurants, events, restaurants, shops, museums, and more.
- Find your way inside big places like airports, malls, and stadiums.
- What’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas.
- Must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers.
- Add photos, missing roads, and places.
- Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection.
2. mSpy – Top app according to the tech experts
mSpy is the top-ranked location tracking app on Android of all time. This app was launched 11 years ago from today. Providing the location tracking service for more than a decade. The app improved alot from time to time. On every update, the developed showed their best. App stability and accuracy are incredible.
There is one thing that users may not like about the app, that the app offers paid services only from the start. Most of the mSpy users are parents because mSpy not only records their child’s GPS location but also sends it to you so that you can keep track of his/her real-time location throughout the day.
- Helps you in tracking the real-time location of your Loved ones using GPS.
- Not just tracking, it’s spying too; View call history, get your kind’s details like phone numbers, contact names, and date, time, and duration of the calls;
- Prevent the incoming calls on your child’s phone.
- View the media files in your child’s gallery.
- Monitor what your child watches on the internet and social media.
Disclaimer: These features are for parental controls only. They can stop their child from negative activities and negative places. Don’t use this app other than for this purpose. Otherwise, users will be the convict of serious crimes like privacy breaching, spying.
3. Map My Run by Under Armour
May My Run By Under Armour is a kind of Location Tracking app that everyone can rely on. The interesting thing about this app is that this application is not developed for location tracking, but still it is used for tracking. Actually, this app is for the athletes like sprinters, marathon runners, cyclists and fitness freaks, etc. This app is suitable for all kinds of fitness freaks professional, seasonal, or fonds. This tracking app helps you in achieving your fitness goals. Also, this app is a community of over 60 million athletes.
If the user’s app gone too far and lost the way. This app will help your family or friends to track you or you find the way yourself through the app. Surely, it is one of the best location tracking apps for iOS and Android.
- 1-year of free premium
- Sync with the latest apps and most wearables: Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc.
- Get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time
4. FollowMee – Live Location
Users are already aware of Follow Me meanings, that’s what the FollowMee app is all about. Instead of Spying or monitoring forcefully this app focuses on the user’s content. This means if a person allows the other user to follow him then the FollowMee helps the second user to follow the first user.
This app is the mobile to mobile tracking service. Basically, the app was developed for people to track their lost smartphones. Now people use this app to track a person’s location.
- Location Monitor
- Data Privacy
- Configurable App Settings
- Tracking Multiple Devices
- On-Demand Update Remotely
- Opt-in Sharing
- No-Internet Contingency
5. Family locator – Highly recommended for a Family person
Locate where your family members are through Family Locator on Android. This app is the complete location tracking service. Premilary designed for the family person to track where his/her siblings, cousins, parents, children, etc are now? People who love the family so much are so concerned about their loved ones. So, to diminish their worries the family locator app track locations of the family members.
This app is free to install and use available on Google Play. Apple iOS users can use the Life360 app instead as the family locator app is not available on App Store.
- GPS location sharing with your family on a family map
- Get notified when family members reach destination points
- If stolen or lost you can find your phone easily with the location tracker
- See the location history of family members
- Notifications, to inform you of your family’s location changes
- Photos and Camera, to change your profile picture
- Contacts, to find other users to join your circle
- Location services, to inform the family of your current location
6. Find My iPhone – Best app for tracking Phone and person
Find my iPhone as the name tells, this app is finding the iPhone. This service is provided by Apple to iPhone users. Basically, this app is developed to track the lost iPhone using the iCloud services. Location tracking is the key part of the app it doesn’t mean this app is only capable of it.
There are many features of Find My iPhone apart from location tracking. It lets you locate the lost iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on your lost device. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen.
- Get driving directions to the device’s location
- Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
- Battery charge indicator
- Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
- Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
- Remotely lock your device with a passcode
7. Life360 – Location tracking and lifestyle App
This app is an icon itself and also the best alternative to the Family locator app. Life360 is not just a location tracker in fact it’s a complete lifestyle app. It includes the bay cam monitoring, smart home appliances control, and much more. The Life360 app offers 3 types of services, Life360 Silver, Life360 Gold, and the most premium one Life360 Platinum.
- Family Safety Assist: Quick medical contact and quick service are pandemic days.
- You will 24/7 Roadside Assistance, incase of car malfunction users will get quick mechanic/towing service including 50 miles of free towing
- $500 in Stolen Phone Coverage (for members only)
- ID Theft Protection & restoration with up to $1M in coverage per person (for members only)
- 30 days of Location History
- Unlimited Place Alerts
- In case of a Crash, the app ensures emergency dispatch and live agent support
- Gold service users get 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- In case of a phone stolen, Life360 Gold users will get $250 in compensation
- ID Theft Protection & restoration with up to $25k in coverage per person
- Location History up to 7 days.
- Stolen phone coverage; users will get 100 dollars in compensation.
- Crime alerts and news to avoid going outside or a specific place.
- 5 Place Alerts to stay in step.
8. TrackView – Made for this!
Surely the best app to locate someone, this app is a mogul of location trackers sources. Probably this app is one of the only few apps that are made for specifically tracking locations. If you are so concern about your children or younger sibling then this app is the must-have for you.
This app is not just an outside-home app but also plays indoor roles through its monitoring service. You just need to install TrackView on your old smartphone too. It will convert the phone into a camera and users can play in their baby or pet room. Through this app, housewives can keep eye on their babies while working in the kitchen or doing laundry.
- TrackView is a brilliant Family locator and GPS finder
- Offers IP camera for home security using your old smartphone or tablet.
- IP Camera event detection and instant alert to your mobile devices
- Remote audio and video recording non-stop 24/7.
- Communicate with the person in front of the camera through Two-way audio.
- Track the location of someone or a special one in real-time.
View: How to Download TrackView for PC
9. Glympse – Finest location Tracker
A most common question with the usual answer. What is the best location tracking app? And, the answer is Glympse. After watching the app features and using its service this app seems more like a reminder less like a tracker. That’s why we ranked this app at the 9th position in the list of best Location Tracking apps.
It is a fast, free and simple app to share your real-time location with any of your family, friends, or co-workers. Like other apps, Glympse also uses GPS technology.
- No sign-up required
- Your Glympse automatically expires due to privacy reasons
- Users can share location in real-time with a dynamic map
- One-sided requirement; share with anyone – no app required to view
- Runs in the background, you can use other apps on the phone while it keeps running.
- Works anywhere if you have enabled GPS and a data connection
Final Thoughts on Location Tracking App
Location tracking apps are the need of the time. Every parent should know where their children are and at this time Kids should also know where parents are. We are living in a COVID-affected era, what will happen at which time, nobody knows. So, it’s better to stay in touch, should where the loved ones are. These apps are not just location trackers they can be the life savior on certain occasions. So, we suggest installing and keep active at least one of these best Location tracking apps.
In the last, we just want to say that if you really liked the information we gave, please spread it among your social circle too. Kindly share this article with your friends on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The post Best Location Tracking Apps to Track the Ones who are Precious first appeared on Pclicious.